Monday, February 08, 2010

This Should Be the Mets Motto

I heard this song on the radio today for the first time and I am a big fan. I can definitely see it becoming annoying soon, but for now... man, just listening to it got me amped up for baseball.[1]



I want every Met to listen to this on loop until Spring Training starts. It is time to cut the crap and get back to business. Stop the infighting, the drama, the Bernazard-ing, the injury-hiding, and just get out there and W-I-N.


All I do is win win win no matter what
got money on mind i can never get enough
and everytime I step up in the building
everybody hands go up
and they stay there
and they say yeah
and they stay there
Up down, up down
cause all I do is win win win
and if you goin’ in put your hands in the air


I am pretty confident that a Met will use this as his at-bat or warm up music this year. It would be pretty cool if it were a starter, but I think the likeliest Met to rock a song like this would be Wright. He's all about winning.

The last line in the song might be best, thank you Snoop for the wisdom once again:

"Al Davis said it best, just win baby win"

-------------
[1] Some of the lyrical content in the verses is not appropriate for work, etc., but the chorus is clean so it could work at the ballpark.

1 comment:

Rob A from BBD said...

Mets motto? Are you sure you are talking about the right team. They haven't won anything since 1986.