Earlier today, they linked to an article from the SB Nation Blog "True Blue LA," the title of which was "Is Felix Hernandez Heading for Surgery?" The first line of the article, however, reads "....or greatness?" It was obviously a cheap trick to get people flustered and to read the article. I got a little chuckle out of it, but I was mostly annoyed at the gimmick.
Instead of being annoyed, the community over at BBTF decided to have a little fun with it. After two comments chastising True Blue LA for the trick headline, the following exchange ensued:
3. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: February 18, 2010 at 09:26 AM (#3462602)
FELIX HERNANDEZ RETIRES
...to his den, for a cognac.
4. snapper Posted: February 18, 2010 at 09:30 AM (#3462605)
FELIX HERNANDEZ DEAD
...tired from long workout.
5. Gonfalon Bubble Posted: February 18, 2010 at 09:42 AM (#3462617)
FELIX HERNANDEZ TEARS MUSCLE
...and Fitness Magazine, taking it out of mailbox.
6. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Griffin (Vlad) Posted: February 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM (#3462643)
FELIX HERNANDEZ GORED
...by angry bull, in critical condition.
7. Tom Nawrocki Posted: February 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM (#3462649)
FELIX HERNANDEZ LANDS IN JAIL
...pondering selling Illinois Avenue.
8. SoSH U at work Posted: February 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM (#3462654)
FELIX HERNANDEZ SHOT
...through minor leagues.
9. Accent Shallow Posted: February 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM (#3462669)
FELIX HERNANDEZ CUT
. . . himself shaving this morning
And so on and so forth. Just another example of why Baseball Think Factory is, hands down, the best baseball-related community on the internet. Just great stuff, all around.
This might actually continue for several hours, knowing these guys, so I will have to check back.