Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Big Pelf Ruins The Family Reunion!

Game 1 in the desert: D-Backs 13 Mets 2

Ian Kennedy vs Big Pelf

So Reyes, Beltran and Castillo were back in the lineup and well who even remembers that after this loss...

Pelf in this one was like that member of your family who comes to a family gathering and he ruins it. He's that uncle, or cousin or aunt or niece who gets too drunk, too loud and just too obnoxious. Last night was supposed to be great, argh!

Tejada has been demoted...

AND the 4 man outfield rotation is over and Frenchy will be enjoying sunflower seeds on the far end of the bench in the dugout. Poor Jeff!

Okay this one just maybe put me over the edge. Nah it hasn't but I'm not dealing with these losses well. I'm starting to whine a little bit and sulk and that's so unattractive! It's so girly, ick ick ick! It's just these Metsies are breaking my heart every day now. At least before the all star break my heart was just being broken every couple of days and I could handle it. But now I just don't know what to do. I stopped watching this one after Pelf was taken out of the game. Yeah I have my limits. This is the 2nd time in the last 5 days I've given up on the Mets. I had never done this (well at least this 2010 season) prior to Takahashi's start in San Fran. And I hate that I have started to do this but then again my parents' television set is pretty expensive and I'd rather not break it or the remote control that goes with it. So yes I shut this game off. So this recap is going to be brief and not really that much of a recap. I can't do it folks. And really would you want me to make us relive this nightmare!!??

So now let's just look at part of the nightmare in the desert, Pelf's stats from last night:
1.1IP 7H 6ER 2BB K 74 pitches thrown

Many people keep speculating that Pelf's performance in the first inning might be the worst first inning ever for a starting pitcher. I'm pretty sure that can't be true. Although he did give up 4 runs and he threw 51 pitches there have been worse starts to a game. But it's always fun to kick a man when he's down right, ugh. I don't know what's going on with Big Pelf and if I could I'd like to sit him down on a couch and use some of my guidance counseling skills and probe that brain of his. It's the off-school-season for me so I'm available Jerry Manuel and Dan Warthen!!

A few weeks ago everyone was saying Pelf could be a 20 game winner and now it seems hard to believe he'll get that 11th win. This out of whack Pelf is making us excited that Ollie could be back with the team tonight. Okay excited is a stretch but seriously Perez probably couldn't do worse than Pelf. Well maybe he could but you know what I'm getting at.

But I'm not giving up just yet. I am sticking around for the rest of this season no matter what.


And now let's laugh at some adorable little league Arizona D-Backers. They really are cute and well it might put smiles on your faces folks! I have nothing else to bring us joy really.



Tonight is a new night! Dickey is on the mound and maybe just maybe things can turn around for the Mets in the desert! Maybe they can beat this D-Backs team they should beat and Dickey can get win #7! And if not well let's not think about that...Optimism is key!

Forget about this one and go on out and have a great day folks!

No comments: