Friday, January 29, 2010

Jonathan Mayo Is a Cool Dude

Roger is our twitter guy here at Fonzie Forever. Here is his conversation from today with Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com regarding my blog post from last night. I was baffled that Mayo could leave Fernando Martinez off a Top 50 Prospects List:

@fonzieforever Love your blog reaction. That's why I do the list. For the record, F-Mart not on b/c he's no longer a rookie.

@JonathanMayoB3 Ah, well then! Thank you.

@JonathanMayoB3 Although I must ask how FMart is no longer a rookie. He only had 91 AB's.

@fonzieforever Service time. More than 45 days...

@JonathanMayoB3 Keith Law, according to this thing said he just made rookie status http://bit.ly/a4DlsR Yay semantics!

@fonzieforever Yeah, about to tweet my mea culpa to having that wrong. OK, mea culpa time: Been saying Fernando Martinez doesn't qualify for Top 50, turns out I'm wrong. He is a rookie in 2010! Apologies!
I didn't think Fernando had used up his rookie eligibility yet. My Fernando love - vindicated.


Next up to feel my wrath[1]?! Keith Law, who today listed Fernando Martinez at #73 among prospects and fourth among Met prospects. Wrong, Mr. Law. See my in my office[2].


----
[1] Not actually wrath. More like a slight tickle.

[2] Not an office either. Maybe twitter.

No comments: