Looking on the bright side of yesterday's Opening Day loss...
- The Mets had won the previous five opening day games. It wasn't as if the last five seasons have ended well. Maybe starting off poorly and ending strongly is just what the team needs.
- The Mets are on pace to go 0-162, which would be a MAJOR LEAGUE RECORD! AWESOME! Something to tell the grandkids in between bites of Soylent Green.
- The Mets faced Josh Johnson, one of the best pitchers in the league that doesn't happen to play for the Phillies. No shame in losing to him.
- The Mets got more than zero hits! When ESPN sent a text alert that Johnson had a no-hitter through six innings it was obvious Willie Harris would lead off the seventh with a hard hit to left center.
- The Mets are not the Cubs or the Indians.
- David Wright only struck out twice!
- Carlos Beltran did not hurt himself!
Damn! After all of that it almost feels like they won.